Store bought Eggs

Good day! Has anyone hatched eggs from the store? I am new to the chicken world and just bought hatching eggs from the store.
Hi, I'm also new here. A friend of mine just used a mini incubator she borrowed from her friend and hatched out some Leghorn chicks from Trader Joe's fertile eggs. $4 a dozen! It was also her first time hatching. She put in 10 eggs, 1 exploded after couple of weeks. out of the remaining 9, 5 hatched; but the first chick died several hours after due to mutual excitement :jumpy (at least that's how us humans felt:lol:).

I was intrigued to do the same, more like a science experiment, but without an incubator, I designed and created my own. I only have 6 eggs, already in lockdown. I pulled one out yesterday after candling. Maybe I will get none, I don't expect to get any on my first trial using my own invention anyway. :D

Since this forum has a lot of experienced chicken owners who gone through many egg incubations, I figured it's the right place to ask my weird question. It's about what to look for upon candling an egg going into lockdown. I put a sketch below. Is the translucent part on the small end the yolk to be absorbed?

Attachments

• IMG-2535.jpg
    IMG-2535.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 2
Since this forum has a lot of experienced chicken owners who gone through many egg incubations, I figured it's the right place to ask my weird question. It's about what to look for upon candling an egg going into lockdown. I put a sketch below. Is the translucent part on the small end the yolk to be absorbed?
This is a good question and you'll get answers if you start a thread of your own in the Incubation/ Hatching section. Good luck!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom