Myrtle (SS hen)
Gladys (SS pullet)
Andy (SS Roo)

Aunt Bee (Barn. pullet)
Thelma Lou (barn. pullet)
Barney (barn. Roo)

Tuttie (Golden Campine bantam pullet)
Fruttie (OEGB pullet)

SOON to be adding 3 bantam D'Uccles and 6 mottled cochins, some frizzles! Hope by middle of next week!

Last edited:
My first chicken, Cleopatra, was so named she was shrewd and scheming, plus the fact that Cleopatra was the only female in history I could think of at the time who was close enough in character to Cleo (then Baby).
Spectre was a lavender Orpington, so his coloring partly influenced his name, but another reason I named him Spectre was the fact that he had balance problems, so if you suddenly rounded a corner on him, he would fall flat on your feet, because his amazement made him lose control of his body, so e resembles a startled ghost.
May was named May because it was sort of a wish, as we weren't sure she would be SQ, as in "May she win at least something".

Hi All,

Here is the story of my roo's name. For those of you who are old enough to remember the "Garfield and Friends Show" that was on
Saturdays mornings. In addition to Garfield there was the Acme Acres show that ran with it. Well anyway the rooster on the farm
was named Roy. Since we are Garfield fans for us there was not other name for a rooster then Roy.

So here he is, our backyard rooster. Roy Rooster.

My four babies

Reba - She's a redhead (Rhode Island Red)
Bette - She's a blond and a big presence (EE)
Beauty - she's black and she liked to look in the bird mirror we had (black Australorpe)
Covey - she has markings like a quail (EE)

Back
Top Bottom