Stories on the strange, creepy, odd, and unknown?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
I figure some of y'all live in the mountainous areas where bigfoot strolls around. Or the cactus filled deserts where a chupacabra sucks the blood from goats. (I know... Dogs with mange
tongue.png
)
Or what about little creatures that live underground and if you upset them they will ruin your life..? <---- From a movie I saw called "Inhabited".
What weird and strange things have you seen?

Last edited:
I remember being in Nevada as a child, and seeing something that at first looked like a hummingbird. Then, I could have sworn it had insect eyes. There was a beak, the wings, but bug eyes and antennae. Half bug and half bird. I thought I was going insane. XD
hummingbird-hawk-moth.jpg
I think that was the day I really learned that truth has a magic of its own.
big_smile.png

Once I was in my barn getting my little goat to put in her stall for the night and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black mass go up the hay loft ladder--I would have dismissed it as trickery of my eyes had my goat not been absolutely terrified, stalk still and looking towards the ladder!!
ep.gif
That hay loft is creepy. One summer we had some hay guys put our hay up there, the man we buy the hay from said they didn't like it up there, it spooks 'em.
hu.gif

My mom and I also had a scary encounter but never saw anything, just heard it and seen what our horses were acting like. I wrote about once on BYC before. It happened one really hot summer night, I was throwing hay to my two colts, it was late (midnight, just got back from the fair), and I got a creepy feeling, but I'm not too keen on the dark so, figured it was just that.

Start to fall asleep and hear something in the apple tree where I had some horses pastured, I thought it was odd that I didn't hear their hoofbeats hitting the rocks underneath the tree, but was too tired to care, so fell asleep. Fast forward to 4 am and my mom and I hear what sounds like a person mimicking a horse whinny and hear our horses running about calling out. Well we thought horse rustlers and hurried up to get dressed/flashlights--during this time the whinny had morphed into a bird sounding whinny. The horses were freaked out, snorting, breathing heavily, wide eyed, but everyone was accounted for. During head count the noise seemed to fly around our perimeter fenceline down by the woods, but it seemed to follow us to each pasture we checked. We were a bit freaked out. But we stayed out there until all the horses calmed down and went back to bed.

Well, we didn't say anything about the crazy incident and life went on for about a week and my mom was visiting neighbors when it got dark and she figured she'd start heading home on foot. We live a hop, skip and a jump away. The neighbor would NOT let my mom walk home, INSISTED she drive her and was turning every single outdoor light on that she could. So my mom was like, alright, what's the deal. Turns out her daughter had a horrifying experience with some sort of beast a few nights back. It had been in a cow pasture when she passed by and chased her home, the kid was so frightened she could not open the door and her mother was so frightened she couldn't get the door open either. The girl said it had white skin (thin, like a bat) and red eyes with pointed teeth, and it made a hissing sound. So my mom freaked out, told me about it and wondered if what we heard that one night was the same thing. To make it even more interesting, there was another eye witness. I guy who camped out all the time said he saw something similar to what the girl described and ceased camping from there on out.
hide.gif

Anyway, I never saw anything, all I do know is that horses don't lie, and we had something out of the norm (not a bear, deer, coyote) passed through that caused some disturbance. We have never heard the crazy horse whinny bird sounding noise since. Chalk it up to WEIRD!!

Quote:
Yes, it was really creepy. I remember one of my beloved cats (actually it was Peaches' dad) went missing for 4 days after we had the incident that night. I was really upset and cried all the time. Finally he came back home and he had a ton of hair missing from his tail, I think he is a Turkish Angora or Maine Coon cross, you know, lots of hair. This cat never leaves our lawn now, he used to be an avid hunter going out to the fields. He could have been chased by a coyote, but I don't know, I just thought it was strange that it happened during this same week we had that wierd experience. We had walked all over our fields and woods calling for him but he never came to us. A definite unexplained mystery.

Back
Top Bottom