Storm and tornado watch...how to keep chicks safe

wendy2012

Chirping
Apr 20, 2020
Wondering how to keep my chicks safer. So I left mines inside coop with water and food. I even put a light on inside coop for them. My area supposed to get 70 mph winds so put a 50lb bag on top of coop in case winds turn into tornado weather man said. Have you guys felt the recent hurricane coming our way? How are your chickens doing? Anything you guys are doing to protect them? Maybe bringing them in house? Thanks!

Where are you located? If you are not confident in your coop roof, do you have a garage you can bring them into? Otherwise, can you bungee cord it down? I am in Phila area -- we are getting mostly flooding so far -- winds not so bad. My chicks are locked in the coop -- no free ranging today!

Where are you located? If you are not confident in your coop roof, do you have a garage you can bring them into? Otherwise, can you bungee cord it down? I am in Phila area -- we are getting mostly flooding so far -- winds not so bad. My chicks are locked in the coop -- no free ranging today!
They were good. It never moved even with strong winds. Will try bungee cords next time.

Back
Top Bottom