1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

storm blew in and bator was shut off for at least 5 hours! help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by okiedokiesarah, May 3, 2007.

1. okiedokiesarah

okiedokiesarah New Egg

May 3, 2007
    the eggs were cold this morning. It was up at my school so I didnt know the power had gone out... when I got up there this morning, the eggs were cold and the bator was off. Im so upset!!!

is there any hope? we plugged them in a different outlet that was working but is there any chance whatsoever? i mean, it could have been off a lot longer than 5 hrs, im not sure. [​IMG](((

2. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Don't give up hope. I had a broody hen that quit sitting on the eggs on the 18th day and I didn't have an incubator at the time. I went to several different stores and bought the very last one! Put the cold eggs in and they hatched right on time.
    Stephanie

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, that's a bummer, but don't give up hope!!! Those little buggers can surprise you sometimes!!!

Lori

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I agree, Don't give up, they sometimes survive the most unusual treatment you can imagine. All you can do is get them back on track and continue. They may be a little late in hatching so don't give up if nothing happens on day 21.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by