Straight run duck/drake ratio?

corriemartin

Songster
May 6, 2020
Lawrence, KS
Just out of curiosity, what has been your experience with straight run duckings in terms of the duck/drake ration?

(We got ten ducklings, and so far, it's pretty clear that three are ducks and pretty clear that three are drakes, and can't tell with the rest yet.)

I think it depends which where the store get’s their ducklings. My first two came from my feed store which uses a hatchery which only sells straight run ducklings, and got one of each. That would seem most likely. However, many people on this site get their ducklings from stores (TSC for example) who buy from hatcheries which sell sexed ducklings. I assume, if more people buy girls from the hatchery then, there should be more boys in that bin at the store. It seems like those impulse buy ducklings are often boys.

I think it depends which where the store get’s their ducklings. My first two came from my feed store which uses a hatchery which only sells straight run ducklings, and got one of each. That would seem most likely. However, many people on this site get their ducklings from stores (TSC for example) who buy from hatcheries which sell sexed ducklings. I assume, if more people buy girls from the hatchery then, there should be more boys in that bin at the store. It seems like those impulse buy ducklings are often boys.
I never thought of it that way. I was just curious about what people ended up with, not knowing what they were going to be getting....

Just out of curiosity, what has been your experience with straight run duckings in terms of the duck/drake ration?

(We got ten ducklings, and so far, it's pretty clear that three are ducks and pretty clear that three are drakes, and can't tell with the rest yet.)
first 4 were all drakes, next 2 were both female, and my newest batch i can’t tell yet

Back
Top Bottom