Strange behavior with my Black Star today-

No- I never have. They are one year old this month and I have four chickens.

If you are interested in worming them, I would suggest Safeguard liquid. You can find it with sheep/cattle medicines at your feed store. If you can find out what her poop looks like, you may decide to treat her with Corid to take care coccidia.

If she was my hen, I would bring her in to observe how much she is eating and drinking. And look at her poop.

I know this message is old But,i am having similar situation and wondered what ended up happening with this hen???

Hello. I forgot this post was up here :)
This hen is alive and well. We ended up buying Corid at a farm and ranch store.
We brought the hen in the house and would give her a mixture of water and corid through an eye dropper for a few days.
We would also try to give her applesauce. After a few days, she was able to eat and drink on her own.
She recovered and is doing well today.

The mixture we made is 3/4 tsp of Corid to one gallon of water.
You do not have to worry about egg quality, corid is safe.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

This happend to my RIR before. It was just low on grit. If her feathers pop up and she is fluffy, take her to the Box of Sick Hens (BSH). IK that it is only a cat's litter box (I never had a cat). The roof is covered and bring her in the house. use a medium sized towel and rap her into a cocoon but with her head out. Feed her more grit/dirt and regular food and water. I recommend porridge for food and water. She should get better in 1-5 days depending on how ill. Hope it Helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom