Strange Behavior

gizzy

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
One of my chickens (a black Australorp) is acting strangely all of a sudden. I've had her over a year and she has always been the strong, dominant chicken. I didn't notice her running about the yard yesterday because I was gone most of the day and she wasn't with the other chickens like she normally is this morning. I went looking for her and she was in the coop but was not herself. She is making constant trilly, clucking noises, puffing up her feathers, and just not acting "right". She has never done this before. Also, she was pecked by the lowest chicken in the order today and seems to haphardly scratch and walk about when I make her leave the coop. I for the first time used Seven Dust on my roses and am afraid this has something to do with her odd behaviors. Does anyone know why she might be acting this way?

Last edited:
How old is she? Is she a she for sure??? Is she laying yet??? Sounds like she may be going broody if she is of age and is laying. Let us know a little more details and we will answer what we can. Until then, just keep an eye on her!

Hugs

She was a year this April and has been laying since September. I hope you're right and she's just being broody. I do love my little flock.

Back
Top Bottom