Strange broody hen behavior

Welcome to BYC. Sounds as if this hen will never be a good broody. I would be reluctant to hatch any of her eggs as it is quite likely that any of her daughters would also not be good mothers.

X2 Welcome to BYC.
Very sorry to hear about the problems with your hen.
As others have said, silkies are excellent mothers (as all bantams generally are good moms)

I was wondering if bad or negative traits can be passed on. She is aggressive with others, can other hens learn from her and also pick up bad behaviors? If so, I will give her away to avoid her affecting my other hens.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Welcome to BYC. Sounds as if this hen will never be a good broody. I would be reluctant to hatch any of her eggs as it is quite likely that any of her daughters would also not be good mothers.
I agree with sourland. Unless she is a rare breed then I wouldn't take the risk of hatching any of her eggs, they would be for eating! If she is a common breed there is no reason to hatch them out when she has bad qualities like that!

welcome-byc.gif
I agree, I wouldn't hatch her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom