Strange chicken just showed up and joined my flock this week!

chickenannie

Songster
12 Years
Nov 19, 2007
Pennsylvania
She is beautiful, with tawny, black speckled feathers and a perky narrow black tail. I'm happy to have her but I have NO idea where she came from or how she got here. I assume she just walked here from a neighboring farm (all 1/2 mile away across hay fields). (Or else someone is pranking with me, although no one is 'fessing up). I saw her sneak into the henhouse with the others when it got dark. Now she sleeps on the barn door at night. Ha. Got a new chicken for free!

LOL that is cute. I would have to say that one is a keeper.
big_smile.png

I have had a total of five show up in with my flock. A neighbor saw the first two arrive. He said a guy pulled up, ran to the trunk, grabbed a chicken, threw it over the 5' fence, repeated, jumped back into car and took off.

Quote:
That was nice of him-thinking of the chickens first! At least you got them and they are being taken care of.
smile.png

This thread is a bit useless without PICTURES!
big_smile.png

That is neat that she just showed up...see she knows where the good love is.

Quote:
That is sooo funny!!
lau.gif

Yeah, I like my new pretty hen. She obviously knows this is happy chicken camp here.
love.gif
My computer is so old that my new digital camera software is incompatible with it... I"ll post pics as soon as I stop by the auto-camera shop!!

Maybe someone can tell me what breed she is when I post pics.

Back
Top Bottom