1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Strange chicken just showed up and joined my flock this week!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenannie, Apr 15, 2008.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    She is beautiful, with tawny, black speckled feathers and a perky narrow black tail. I'm happy to have her but I have NO idea where she came from or how she got here. I assume she just walked here from a neighboring farm (all 1/2 mile away across hay fields). (Or else someone is pranking with me, although no one is 'fessing up). I saw her sneak into the henhouse with the others when it got dark. Now she sleeps on the barn door at night. Ha. Got a new chicken for free!

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    LOL that is cute. I would have to say that one is a keeper.[​IMG]

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    now you know it is not nice to talk about a new chicken without posting pics [​IMG]

Julie

4. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I have had a total of five show up in with my flock. A neighbor saw the first two arrive. He said a guy pulled up, ran to the trunk, grabbed a chicken, threw it over the 5' fence, repeated, jumped back into car and took off.

5. silkieboxerluv

silkieboxerluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Quote:That was nice of him-thinking of the chickens first! At least you got them and they are being taken care of.[​IMG]

6. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    Thats like finding $10 and a dozen eggs. Right on.

7. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    If it had been a rooster showing up, I would have suspected SpeckledHen shipping it to you! [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    This thread is a bit useless without PICTURES! [​IMG]

That is neat that she just showed up...see she knows where the good love is.

9. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:That is sooo funny!! [​IMG]

Yeah, I like my new pretty hen. She obviously knows this is happy chicken camp here. [​IMG] My computer is so old that my new digital camera software is incompatible with it... I"ll post pics as soon as I stop by the auto-camera shop!!

Maybe someone can tell me what breed she is when I post pics.

10. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Fortunately they have all been healthy. I just have concerns over what they might bring into the flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by