Strange color silkie

I don't think you have a buff Columbian silkie there. I have that pattern in my Brahmas and the black should be on their hackle feathers, tail feathers, and I think wing tips. Mine haven't gone throught their first adult molt yet so not sure on the wings without looking it up. She is lovely though. The black adds a bit of class I think.

In the cat relm she'd have 'points', like a siamese. Siamese cats are a solid color with 'points' on their head, paws and tail. Definitely a fancy girl. I'll be ordering my first Silkies this year in partridge, buff, and blue.

Quote:
If you'd like to call her that, I don't see why not. But she's a buff in the US....

She's on hte way to buff columbian, but she needs more colour in her hackles, and less on her crest (offhand I cannot think of a crested breed that is buff columbian, so I may be wrong on the crest colour)

Quote:
I do see black on her hackles, tail, and wing tips. I asked merely because that is what she reminded me of.

She does have some on the hackles, but not enough.

Here is a buff columbian from feathersite:
BuffBrBtyTrio.JPEG

those are pretty birds......maybe I'm on to something with this hen. NOT! lol, I couldn't take it. thats why my silkies of choice are black, blue and splash. I am liking my partridge showgirl hen, and could do more like her, but get into other colors? I'd go mental, every time one came out wrong. LOL.

I will have to get more pictures of this little girl as she matures. as she gets older, she is losing the black pouf. When she hatched, she was striped like a chipmunk.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom