Strange EE

My thoughts as well. If he were just an especially large bird, sometimes they prioritize body weight over feathers, but since it's small... What protein percentage are you feeding?
18%. He was the biggest new hatch. I picked them up on the date of hatch, and nothing out if the ordinary. As the others grew and started feathering, he was outdistanced. His body is the size of a child's nerf football, very long neck, strong stout legs. Very active.

18%. He was the biggest new hatch. I picked them up on the date of hatch, and nothing out if the ordinary. As the others grew and started feathering, he was outdistanced. His body is the size of a child's nerf football, very long neck, strong stout legs. Very active.
Interesting! Him being active is a good sign! I had some Brahma cockerels feather out as slowly as him and are perfectly healthy and were fed gamebird starter so plenty of protein as well. The difference is that Brahmas are typically slow to feather while Easter Eggers are not. I hope he just has some super slow feathering genetics!

Back
Top Bottom