Strange egg color?

Agreed. A rooster won't affect egg color, and that bird is a hen.
Wait really? I’m not familiar with what chicken the last one is since that was the one I was told was mixed but I’ve uploaded their picture a few times on here and been told it’s a rooster 😦 sorry about the redundant question but how can you tell it’s a hen? It was easy to identify the Orpington because I knew it was an Orpington but not this one

Wait really? I’m not familiar with what chicken the last one is since that was the one I was told was mixed but I’ve uploaded their picture a few times on here and been told it’s a rooster 😦 sorry about the redundant question but how can you tell it’s a hen? It was easy to identify the Orpington because I knew it was an Orpington but not this one
Female specific coloring. Post a good side view photo of her.

Our Orps laid darker eggs initially, though not that dark. As their laying cycle went on they got lighter. Our girls also would lay dark then light in the beginning as things worked themselves out with their laying. Maybe this is what is happening? Not sure, there are some very experienced people on here that may have much more info, this is just my experience.
Thank you! I appreciate it and will keep a look out for future egg colors! 😁

Doesn't have male coloring. Looks like a welsummer to me- I think it was her egg.

EBDD6DBE-0229-40B1-9E0F-D60410B19663.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom