Strange leg kick for 5 day old chick

delladolittle

Chirping
Feb 8, 2020
My little chick started acting funny when it walks fast. yesterday at day four it preens and eats and drinks and when it’s just making one or two steps it seems normal but if it tries to move quickly one of its legs shoot out backwards and it kind of stumbles. I have videos, not sure we can post video? Has anyone ever seen anything like this could It be neurological? I cannot feel or see anything wrong or on the foot or leg?

Post your video to You Tube first. Then copy the URL and paste it here. It will embed automatically.

Sounds neurological. Perhaps some chick vitamins with vitamin E 400iu added to them will help.

Post your video to You Tube first. Then copy the URL and paste it here. It will embed automatically.

Sounds neurological. Perhaps some chick vitamins with vitamin E 400iu added to them will help.
We’re do I get chick vitamins? Does it go in the water?

Poultry Nutri-drench can be found at most feed stores. Vitamin E is found where you buy vitamins for your family.
Oh wow I never new you could give them more vitamin E. Thank you! How do I know how much to give the chick. How do I give it? Is it good to treat all 6. Or just this one?

thank you so much for your help. Did you see the videos?

Treat the one chick with the E. The best way to give it is to soft boil an egg, then scoop out a teaspoon of egg and open the gel cap and squeeze the E oil into the tiny bit of egg. Take the chick out and let it eat the egg with the E in it. Do this again for the next three days.

For the Nutri-drench, measure out a fourth of a teaspoon of Nutri-drench and put it into a quart water bottle and let all the chicks drink from it for two or three days. Mix it up fresh each day. It's good for all the chicks in these first days of life, but don't give it longer than three days or it can cause runny poop.

Treat the one chick with the E. The best way to give it is to soft boil an egg, then scoop out a teaspoon of egg and open the gel cap and squeeze the E oil into the tiny bit of egg. Take the chick out and let it eat the egg with the E in it. Do this again for the next three days.

For the Nutri-drench, measure out a fourth of a teaspoon of Nutri-drench and put it into a quart water bottle and let all the chicks drink from it for two or three days. Mix it up fresh each day. It's good for all the chicks in these first days of life, but don't give it longer than three days or it can cause runny poop.
Okay! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom