Strange noise from back-end of chick/pullet.

I would keep her on a 20% protein feed & it doesn't have to be medicated. At about 6 months you can change her to a lesser protein feed. They need extra protein while they are young & growing. I realize organic is less costly & some feel is better, but protein is important for a stronger healthy development.

I have an older hen, and she’s making this noise. Someone fill me in, if you know why she’s making this noise.

I know this is a super old thread but I bought some new pullets and are quarantining them before I introduce. But one is making this sound! Can someone tell me what happened with their bird making this sound? Did they die? Did you give them anything? Or figure out what it is?
Thank you.

I know this is a super old thread but I bought some new pullets and are quarantining them before I introduce. But one is making this sound! Can someone tell me what happened with their bird making this sound? Did they die? Did you give them anything? Or figure out what it is?
Thank you.
Does it sound like a popping sound?

My chick is making the same noise. I gave them grit after they had run out for a few days my guess is that she had too much and it’s the sound of the grit grinding inside her. But I don’t know.

Back
Top Bottom