Strange question?? When do guineas start to make noise?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by clacasse88, Jul 16, 2010.

1. clacasse88

clacasse88 Songster

Sep 13, 2009
    My guineas - one white & one pearl - are 2 months old. They are housed with the same age chicks. They do not make any noise. They did when I first got them until they were mixed with the chickens about a month or so.

When will they start to find their voices?

2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Mine are about 4 months old and have been making noise like crazy for about 2 weeks. They were also VERY silent till then tho. Dont worry.

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick 8 Years

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Wow mine started making noise right out of the egg [​IMG]. I can hear them upstairs going PEEP PEEP PEEP. must be another football match with a pine chip. [​IMG] My chicks on the other hand are very quiet. [​IMG]

4. My first batch is a little over a week old and they've been raising an alarm since they were born. I go to the end of the chick hutch and they see me and all of them rush together and start making a racket. And when a bug flies into the hutch... sheesh. Total bedlam.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. clacasse88

clacasse88 Songster

Sep 13, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. clacasse88

clacasse88 Songster

Sep 13, 2009
    Mine were really noisy when they first arrived and now they seem so quiet. I can't wait for them to start chattering . . . at least today I can't wait. I may be wondering a few months why I asked [​IMG]

7. bald k9

bald k9 Songster

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Quote:Gotta love the [keep away] game!!! they are so funny to watch!

8. Debbienmousey

Debbienmousey Songster

If you mean regular chirps and cheeps then yep, right out of the egg or while they're inside too! But, a young guinea hen will start to call buckwheat as young as 6 weeks. She won't call much of course, but this is one way to tell the birds apart at a young age. The cocks won't make their racket for a few more weeks most likely. And not all hens start calling this young.

I have some that were hatched in late May outside mixed in with chicks, and they will randomly start their racket. Quite the little guineas! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: