Strange question?? When do guineas start to make noise?

clacasse88

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
My guineas - one white & one pearl - are 2 months old. They are housed with the same age chicks. They do not make any noise. They did when I first got them until they were mixed with the chickens about a month or so.

When will they start to find their voices?

Wow mine started making noise right out of the egg
smile.png
. I can hear them upstairs going PEEP PEEP PEEP. must be another football match with a pine chip.
smile.png
My chicks on the other hand are very quiet.
tongue.png

My first batch is a little over a week old and they've been raising an alarm since they were born. I go to the end of the chick hutch and they see me and all of them rush together and start making a racket. And when a bug flies into the hutch... sheesh. Total bedlam.

Last edited:
Mine were really noisy when they first arrived and now they seem so quiet. I can't wait for them to start chattering . . . at least today I can't wait. I may be wondering a few months why I asked
wink.png

If you mean regular chirps and cheeps then yep, right out of the egg or while they're inside too! But, a young guinea hen will start to call buckwheat as young as 6 weeks. She won't call much of course, but this is one way to tell the birds apart at a young age. The cocks won't make their racket for a few more weeks most likely. And not all hens start calling this young.

I have some that were hatched in late May outside mixed in with chicks, and they will randomly start their racket. Quite the little guineas!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom