Strange Request-CD without words

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nupine, May 18, 2010.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok. So I have this close friend who has out of this world strict parents. They are pretty nuts in my opinion. She isn't even allowed to listen to country music, so I'm sure she isn't allowed to listen to rock. So, she came with me to another friends b-day party at a roller rink last month, and I had a bunch of rock music played on the jukebox, Journey, Boston, Pink Floyd, etc. Mostly lighter stuff [they didn't have the Metallica, etc. I wanted to play [​IMG]]. And I recall this friend of mine saying how much she liked the music played. She doesn't get to hear stuff like that, only Christian music [mostly light stuff], classical, and if she's very lucky, The Beatles [Woot Woot!], Elvis, and Simon and Garfunkel. She has a cd player in her room [surprised me!], and her birthday is in July, so I wanted to get her a rock cd [it can be well known riffs, like AC/DC ones, etc. or not, doesn't matter] with no words. This is just so I know she'll be allowed to listen to it. So, do any of you know of any cd's like this? Thanks a ton.
    Ashlyn

2. chickenofthesea

chickenofthesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    C.C. Florida
    I have to say, you are an awesome friend. My parents had the exact same rules, and I would have given an arm and a leg to get a cd like that!!

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Get the Karaoke CD's, they play on regular CD players but have no words.

4. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Aww thanks! I try to help her out and let her see the world a little when I can, without disrespecting her parents, as much as I dislike them! The poor girl is 16 and had never heard of Michael Jackson til 3 days after he died when I told her!

5. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Thanks! I found a karaoke 6-cd set with all kinds of hard rock/metal/southern rock/classic rock on it for $14 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by