Strange things starting...need game cam...where?

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I have started losing eggs and having just strange things going on.....all centered around the garage nestbox. Today found a dead chicken wedged into it.

obviously I need a game cam. Where can I get a cheap one? Doesn't even need to be weatherproof as it is the front covered area of my garage/shed.

Actually...I need a security camera.....leading to video or with built in memory. I have power available out there. And I need a good 10 hours of video at a time, not a million pix of chickens walking around.

hmmmmmmmm.........

Lowes has fairly cheap security cameras that will hook to a vcr, or the ones around here do. Radio shack has the ones with the built in memory, you can go to their web site for pricing. Their web site always has better prices than our local store, and then the local store will honor the online price.
smile.png

Last edited:
Last month I got a really nice game cam from Gander Mountain. It was on clearance, I guess last years model. You can set the sensitivity so the chickens won't set it off and you can add a 16MB card to it for extra storage and you can set it for video. It was orig $179 on clearance for $99.

It also has a flash and infrared.

We love our game cam that we purchased at Bass Pro.....they had a large selection, but we purchased one of the lower priced ones for around 75.00. Has a small viewer on the front or can be connected to our TV for viewing. My husband bought it for hunting, but we use it more to see what is lurking around. We've even used it in the house to see what our 'kittehez' are up to while we are gone. We've gotten alot of good use from that cam.....If you have chickens, ornery kitties or possible burglars, a game cam is a good idea for your christmas wish list.....

Back
Top Bottom