Strange tracks, any ideas?

Quote:
Hey that might explain those really weird looking ones! Also might be why I haven't noticed it on the game camera.

If you have a light on outside anywhere it will attract bugs. Where there are bugs there are frogs. I've sat outside at night and watched the frogs hangoug out under out big yard light. A bug lands on the ground they have it almost as soon as it hits. Pretty cool to watch. I had to cover my potted plants because they where living in the dirt in the pots during the day.

We keep a big light out where the pens are to try to deter predators.

The only lights are high up on telephone poles, but the property tends to be "marshy" (hence the sand), and I've seen the tracks down in the wetter areas before today, so it makes sense!

Quote:
Thats why I say frog. I see the back feet and a belly impression and on a couple pics I can see where front feet would be too.

I vote it's a frog. When I lived in Florida I saw frogs nearly as big as cats and I would bet they nearly weighed as much if they didn't. They would come out of the storm drain that went under the house into the river behind the house and eat the cat food right along with the cats. No joke. I used to have a pic of them. I still do somewhere i'm sure.

I agree with you em you can see where the sand is disturbed as the back feet push off, great eye.

Quote:
Thats why I say frog. I see the back feet and a belly impression and on a couple pics I can see where front feet would be too.

I vote it's a frog. When I lived in Florida I saw frogs nearly as big as cats and I would bet they nearly weighed as much if they didn't. They would come out of the storm drain that went under the house into the river behind the house and eat the cat food right along with the cats. No joke. I used to have a pic of them. I still do somewhere i'm sure.

I agree with you em you can see where the sand is disturbed as the back feet push off, great eye.

I first thought deer but the print isn't right then I thought bobcat but thats not pad prints and see no claw marks. but it looks just like a frog imprint. DH is a hunter so he knows his tracks and i've learned a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom