Strange turkey behavior?

Chickobsessed17

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2015
Florida

I have a 10 month old female white palm turkey who has never laid an egg. She is being so strange... She is hunched over sleeping a lot, shuddering like she is in pain. She keep puffing out feathers all lifting etc. j checked vent, eyes clear no sneezing wheezing etc. I see no mites or parasites. She is walking like she's in pain but no noticeable anything. Input? Her back feathers keep lifting... Trying to get a pic.

Last edited:

casportpony

Spreadsheet Queen
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State

I have a 10 month old female white palm turkey who has never laid an egg. She is being so strange... She is hunched over sleeping a lot, shuddering like she is in pain. She keep puffing out feathers all lifting etc. j checked vent, eyes clear no sneezing wheezing etc. I see no mites or parasites. She is walking like she's in pain but no noticeable anything. Input? Her back feathers keep lifting... Trying to get a pic.

Can you post a picture of her poop? Might be a good idea to make a nice spot for her in your house. Best to keep her in a place that's 80-85 degrees.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Chickobsessed17

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2015
Florida
Well I have no where to put her in home :/! And what would she be sick with she was fine yesterday? This is crazy...hate watching her shudder and spasm... My house is kept at 70 too.

Chickobsessed17

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2015
Florida
I would have to try that tomorrow. What are you looking for? It looks completely normal. No worms, not runny or watery, I compared it to the poop post on here.

Top Bottom