Strange turkey behavior?

Chickobsessed17

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2015
Florida

I have a 10 month old female white palm turkey who has never laid an egg. She is being so strange... She is hunched over sleeping a lot, shuddering like she is in pain. She keep puffing out feathers all lifting etc. j checked vent, eyes clear no sneezing wheezing etc. I see no mites or parasites. She is walking like she's in pain but no noticeable anything. Input? Her back feathers keep lifting... Trying to get a pic.

Last edited:

I have a 10 month old female white palm turkey who has never laid an egg. She is being so strange... She is hunched over sleeping a lot, shuddering like she is in pain. She keep puffing out feathers all lifting etc. j checked vent, eyes clear no sneezing wheezing etc. I see no mites or parasites. She is walking like she's in pain but no noticeable anything. Input? Her back feathers keep lifting... Trying to get a pic.

Can you post a picture of her poop? Might be a good idea to make a nice spot for her in your house. Best to keep her in a place that's 80-85 degrees.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Well I have no where to put her in home :/! And what would she be sick with she was fine yesterday? This is crazy...hate watching her shudder and spasm... My house is kept at 70 too.

I would have to try that tomorrow. What are you looking for? It looks completely normal. No worms, not runny or watery, I compared it to the poop post on here.

Back
Top Bottom