Strange Welsh Harlequin Bill

Mar 7, 2022
SE Ohio
Seems like all we got around here are weird gendeared birds 🤣

alright, so Tongs is my brother’s problem child. She came here on March 25, quacks, doesn’t have an iridescent head, etc. so, she’s a a duck, but she is the strangest duck ever. She screams (out of excitment, and to demand we feed her or let her out), and is pretty territorial. But, whatever. She also hates everyone but Chris, her owner, even tho I raised her, lol. Not a big deal, it’s all pretty in character for her. But. Does anyone know why her bill looks like this?
494A9DCE-0167-4C5F-9DAD-38776C5CC05E.png

no, that’s not dirt on her bill! Her beak and her legs never went dark like her sisters. Until she developed her quack, we were sure she was a Drake, because her bill was yellow with orange by her nares and the hint of brown/gray and her legs were yellow/orange. you can see one of her sisters, spoon, next to her. Perfect black WH bill and feet. Next pic is of one of her sisters.
87BF02E7-9535-47D3-AE16-865A82D800C5.png

does anyone know why she’s like this? They’re all the same age, same size. She’s just... that way 🤣

Seems like all we got around here are weird gendeared birds 🤣

alright, so Tongs is my brother’s problem child. She came here on March 25, quacks, doesn’t have an iridescent head, etc. so, she’s a a duck, but she is the strangest duck ever. She screams (out of excitment, and to demand we feed her or let her out), and is pretty territorial. But, whatever. She also hates everyone but Chris, her owner, even tho I raised her, lol. Not a big deal, it’s all pretty in character for her. But. Does anyone know why her bill looks like this? View attachment 3184406

no, that’s not dirt on her bill! Her beak and her legs never went dark like her sisters. Until she developed her quack, we were sure she was a Drake, because her bill was yellow with orange by her nares and the hint of brown/gray and her legs were yellow/orange. you can see one of her sisters, spoon, next to her. Perfect black WH bill and feet. Next pic is of one of her sisters.
View attachment 3184418

does anyone know why she’s like this? They’re all the same age, same size. She’s just... that way 🤣
Cuz she’s the odd duck!

Back
Top Bottom