Strange white spot bulging out from chick

cukuriku

Chirping
Jul 18, 2016
I just bought 3 polish chicks this week which are all of about a week old, and I noticed on one of them that there's some sort of interestingly white colored spot bulging from its body in front of the right wing which I'm concerned about. Let's see what the experts have to say. Here's a picture.

I have an idea about what course of action I would take but I doubt that you are prepared to follow my advice.
well, what do u think the cause is, thats the first thing i wanna hear. i imagine u feel its an air sack in the crop, and that ur gonna tell me to stick a needle under the skin or something, am i right? after i saw that no1 is answering, i searched and eventually found a thread and found some possibilities. this was one, the other-a full crop. i see my other chicks also have it. from time to time it gets lower though, but i guess since i dont have grit-they find other things to eat and cant digest it so well, so i guess i have to let them spend some time with sand and stuff so they could digest better. well, u could tell me-wat did u wanna say?

The picture is out of focus. Would it ne possible to get another one? I can't tell if it is one the back or front, and it looks a little like how ingrown feathers look, but again is out of focus. If it is a full crop, that is on the chest just under the neck. It fills up gradually with food and water. Chicks this age only need grit if they are eating something other than chick feed, such as grass or grains. They can get an impacted crop from eating their bedding.

The picture is out of focus. Would it ne possible to get another one? I can't tell if it is one the back or front, and it looks a little like how ingrown feathers look, but again is out of focus. If it is a full crop, that is on the chest just under the neck. It fills up gradually with food and water. Chicks this age only need grit if they are eating something other than chick feed, such as grass or grains. They can get an impacted crop from eating their bedding.
I would take a picture but I'm also under the impression that it's crop related, and I'm gonna act accordingly. Thanks

Exactly what I'm thinking but with chickens with non-standard plumage it is often impossible to tell which end of the bird one is looking at. If the place is in fact on the bird's back and not on its breast my advice is to put the poor thing down. I enjoy breeding and raising chickens but I don't particularly like playing Doctors Jekyll or Frankenstein with my feathered friends.

I don't think that you are looking at a distended crop because of the way that the feathers are coming in but a better picture is in order.

Exactly what I'm thinking but with chickens with non-standard plumage it is often impossible to tell which end of the bird one is looking at. If the place is in fact on the bird's back and not on its breast my advice is to put the poor thing down. I enjoy breeding and raising chickens but I don't particularly like playing Doctors Jekyll or Frankenstein with my feathered friends.

I don't think that you are looking at a distended crop because of the way that the feathers are coming in but a better picture is in order.
it went down on all of them, but thanks!

Back
Top Bottom