Strange white "spots" inside egg--what is it??

linders

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 14, 2013
I just cracked two fresh eggs and discovered something I've never seen before. I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on what's up with my eggs.

A small cluster, about the size of the tip of my pinky, of whitish little circles was inside the egg. Almost looked like teeny insect eggs all clustered together. I don't know how else to describe it but we've had layers for almost 2 years and I've never seen this before. It grossed me out! So I threw it away and cracked a second egg, same thing but with a smaller "cluster." WHAT is it?! Third egg had none..??

Thoughts?

It was in the white, not the yolk. I failed to take a picture, darn.

Is it at all possible that a parasite could be transferred through the egg?

Last edited:
Any thoughts? I'm anxious to know because I need to bake with the remaining eggs I have here and I'm wondering if they're safe to eat?! Need to know if I should trek to the store to buy some or use the eggs I have?!

my guess with problems like these are that it is from an excess amount of calcium, or calcium build up. I would assume they are edible still, though its understandable if someone chooses not to eat them

I have two chickens and one is laying these kind of eggs, could it be “twins” like a tiny bunch of undeveloped eggs?

Worlds tiniest eggs!!

That’s what I’m calling them but I’m not sure about eating them.

I think this is what shes talking about. I'm looking for answers also. Help!

Attachments

• 20191005_185317.jpg
    20191005_185317.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 335

Back
Top Bottom