Strawberry Pie Recipe --- Does anyone have one??

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
My DH just saw a Strawberry Pie on tv and said it looked so good and I would like to make one for him. Does anyone have a recipe for one?? Thanks!!

Steff

Until someone comes along with a brilliant homemade version, which I look forward to learning, here's what I do....

1qt strawberries, washed & sliced

combine with 1 tub of the strawberry glaze from grocery store

pour into baked crust & chill overnight.

serve with whipped topping.

I make one that uses only a bottom crust that's real tasty. Here it is:

Use your favorite crust recipe (I use a Crisco one for this pie--it seems to work better than butter for a bake ahead crust)

Bake the crust at 400 degrees for about 11 minutes. (make sure it's been lined with pie weights or poked with a fork several times first--also make sure it's chilled well so it doesn't shrink too much)

4 cups strawberries
Bring to a boil: 1 cup crushed strawberries, 1 cup sugar, 3 Tablespoons cornstarch, 1/2 cup water. Boil for 2 minutes. Add 1 Tablespoon butter - mix and let cool.
Fill baked pie shell with 3 cups whole berries (you can roll these in powdered sugar 1st if they're not sweet enough)
Pour glaze over berries and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. Enjoy!

Our local strawberries here in Oregon were so good this year, but way too short lived. I bought a flat several weeks ago and made strawberry jam, a pie and froze a few by placing them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freezing, then placing into a freezer bag. Those will be good in smoothies one cold winter day.

I never got around to photographing the pie, but here's the jam....

1485__mg_1898.jpg

Big Boy Restaurants Strawberry pie

1 baked pie shell
1 pint fresh berries

Mix and cook the following ingredents until thick and clear

3/4 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons corn starch
14 oz Diet 7up

once thickened remove from heat and add enough food coloring to make it the color of the berries.
Cool completely fold in berries. Pour in the pie shell and refrigerate several hours and serve with whip cream.

Enjoy

Easy Strawberry Pie-

1. Get in car.
2. Drive to nearest Shoneys restaurant.
3. Give them $$
4. Drive home with pie.
5. Eat 'til pan licked clean.

That's how I always make them.
big_smile.png

Thanks Zookeeper, my kids love Frischs strawberry pie but now only comes in pie baby. Too much crust, will wip this up next time they come over!!! Always used the pre made gel , just was not the same. Thanks!!!!

I like mine with chocolate. Take one portion pate brisee roll out and blind bake. Make chocolate filling:

1/2 lb Mexican and 70% chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 in cubes
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp good vanilla extract
1tbsp Gran Gala

melt chocolate in heavy saucepan over low heat, remove and cool 5 min.
Whisk together remaining ingredients.
Pour filling into cooled crust and rap pan on counter to eliminate air bubbles. Bake at 325 until filling one inch from edge is set and slightly puffed, but center trembles slightly when gently shaken, 20-25 min. Cool completely on rack, about 2 hours. Top with sliced strawberries and glaze with apricot jam thinned with Gran Gala. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Finish in one sitting.

Back
Top Bottom