1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Stray dog has made itself at home

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jcatblum, Sep 29, 2012.

1. jcatblum

jcatblum Songster

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    We have 4 large dogs & are not in the market for a 5th. Yesterday a stray dog runs from our hay pasture up to my girls. It does have a collar, but no ID & we don't have neighbors close by. I imagine Simons dumped the dog. He is a very hyper puppy, guessing around 6 mo the old. He wasn't "smart" enough to even be intimidated by my dogs. The dog spent the night on my front porch & even tried to come inside a few times. Of course the kids say the dog is happy & it found us so we should let it stay. I personally don't want to be on edge about a hyper puppy taking out part of our flock. Asked DH multiple times what we were going to do about the new dog & he doesn't seem to care. Guess the dog is staying for now. Hopefully this doesn't turn out bad!

2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    can you post a picture?

3. Rezia

Rezia Songster

May 3, 2012
    Apache Junction, AZ
    A pic would be great. Is he/she fixed/spayed?

4. Baymule

Baymule Songster

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    some newspapers let you run free "found" ads. I have 3 big dogs and I need another dog like I need a hole in the head. i have taken in strays, nursed them back to health and found them that "just right" home. I hope it all turns out OK for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by