Stray Dogs Trying To Kill My Chickens!!!

Are there any animal rescue groups in your area other than the animal shelter? If there is a rescue group, especially a no-kill group, they might be willing to trap and place them. I'd call them and explain the situation and tell them I am worried about the dogs' safety since it is perfectly legal for people to protect their livestock. Maybe that will get them out there to trap and remove the dogs for you.

Well their ears must have been burning! Animal control just showed up here. They think they may know who owns the dogs, and if not they are going to come back Monday to set traps to catch them.

yeah!!

#1...SHOOT THOSE DOGS!!!!!!!
if you dont they WILL kill ALL your chickens... and cats.. and they wont stop untill you have nothing left..

#2 rent a trap.. the local pound usually has them for you to rent..
or buy a dog trap.. expensive but so is buying more chickens

#3 call everyday to the local shelter.. it is THEIR JOB to help you.. do not let them tell you "they are full".. too bad NOT your fault, in the mean time they are KILLING your stock!!! that is what they get paid to do..call everyday.. bug the crap out of them untill they help you..

#4 if you can get PICTURES, or video.. even if they are not perfect.. because if/when you find the owners of these dogs you can make them pay you back for the loss of your stock or damage to fences..

believe me.. i have had way too many chickens killed by somebodys loose dogs... i have lost more money and pets and chickens, turkeys, goats.. even attacked horses by domestic dogs..dogs cause more problems than all the wild animals combined.... nothing ticks me off more than people letting there dogs out of the yard and the dogs runn around causing other people loss of money and heartache....
somad.gif

Last edited:
as a teenager (16).. the neighbors 2 rotts dug under my fence.. and attacked my 2 day old FOAL.. the mare did a good job keep the dogs back.. i called the pound and told them if they did not show up i was gonna beat the dogs to death with a baseball bat.... i went out with the batt and chased them back under the fence...only got one good smack in

those 2 dogs killed all my chickens, ducks, 2 geese, my cat had a $1000 vet bill.(another neighbor saw the attack). and when there was nothing left to kill,, they attacked my baby horse....
my mom did not make them PAY or have the dogs impounded because they went to the same church..
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

i could go on and on with stories,, about dealing with bad dogs/bad owners...

Were in bulloch county Ga. close to Savannah. I sure hope they do get them and soon.
sad.png

If it were me and Animal control wasn't going to set traps till Monday. When they did show up I'd show them where the dogs bodies were laying.

They can do a lot of damage before Monday.

Back
Top Bottom