Stray hen

silly4buttons

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 5, 2013
Billerica Ma
Over the last few day I have hen that jumps my fence and hides under the tree every morning and leaves before it gets dark tI have neighbors that have chickens i asked around and was told she belong to the man across the street but I don't think so today I watch her leave and she didn't go across the street she went walked up the street into people yards I think she lost she heavy so has been eating and some of her tail feathers are broken she so sweet and loves to talk I don't want her to get hurt so I let her stay and I know that I shouldn't Should I just take her in

Over the last few day I have hen that jumps my fence and hides under the tree every morning and leaves before it gets dark tI have neighbors that have chickens i asked around and was told she belong to the man across the street but I don't think so today I watch her leave and she didn't go across the street she went walked up the street into people yards I think she lost she heavy so has been eating and some of her tail feathers are broken she so sweet and loves to talk I don't want her to get hurt so I let her stay and I know that I shouldn't Should I just take her in

My first thought was yes and then QUARATINE was my immediate second thought. Don't put your flock at unnecessary risk...sounds like that would be one lucky Hen!

Can you catch her and put her in a dog crate? That would allow you to keep her safe... if you were able to put the crate in a predator proof area. Complete the quarantine, then add her to your flock. But first, I'd do a bit more snooping around to see who she might belong to. Is she spending all day in that one spot? If so, perhaps she just thinks she's broody.

Back
Top Bottom