Stray Hen

Albatross

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 2, 2009
Sacramento
(Did you guys know there is an australian band called Stray Hens?)

I have a visitor skulking around behind my hen house. Feral behaviors, such as sleeping in a shrub instead of the coop. I figure she is either a gray Old English or a Silver Phoenix. Seems a bit large for a Silver Phoenix, but maybe. Her head seems small, and she has practically no comb. She doesn't even seem to want to eat my hens' food; it's more like she just likes the company. What do you think she is?

It looks like she has green legs. Trick of light? If they are green then she is some type of EE. Lovely girl, sounds like she will take a lot of time to tame.

I have no idea.. but I'd try to catch her. If she is going to be subjecting your birds to disease I'd at least add her to the flock!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure her legs are gray. Hard to tell from a distance but they don't look green to me. Yes, she WILL be hard to tame! I'm not counting on ever doing it!

Nayeli, the issue of diseases actually does worry me.
Well with her being so close to them they have already been subjected... but hey Darwanism right? Your flock could also be carriers and you not know simply because they are healthier enough to not succumb.

It looks like she has green legs. Trick of light? If they are green then she is some type of EE. Lovely girl, sounds like she will take a lot of time to tame.

Green shanks/legs is not a indicator of be EE.
There are a number of breeds that have Green Shanks...

Back
Top Bottom