Stray Peacock arrived a week ago...now what?

We kept our stray also. But, she would not stay home. After she roamed the neighborhood I deceided to get rid of her. I didn't want to upset the neighbors. (she got on top of cars)

could it possibly be young enough that all it's feathers aren't in yet? I'm not seeing any cuts or anything and she doesn't seem to be weary of anything other then potato peels. for some reason when I tossed them out for my birds last night she ran away. She came back but wouldn't touch them.

Keep her! Sounds pretty sweet and you seem to like her..

Pictures would help a lot for us to see it and give feedback on sex/condition/age etc. Heavy eating is not normal for peafowl, one eating as much as 20 chickens never, ever happens here not even a juvenile.. that is why many of us were skeptical.

I can understand the being skeptical part. Since I started feeding dog food however she/he's not eating near as much of the feed thankfully. I also got her/him some meal worms cause I've heard that they are a good thing to feed them from several sites. she scarfs them like a kid with candy LOL
smile.png
I'm trying to get a camera close enough to get a pic. Seems like the baby is a bit camera shy

I have just had the same thing happen...peahen shows up and hangs around the chickens. Does she go into your coop at night? How are you housing her?

Thanks for any help you could offer.

Can you post a picture of her- so we can see? Also, if you have a large bass fishing net, catch her and record the band information- then go on line and look it up - check the UPA sight for local breeders around you. And call the police in your area, they always get reports of lost Peacocks or found birds. If she's that tame, some one is missing her,

Yikes! Another old thread recycled.

@norwich : That girl may have heartbroken owners trying to find her!
sad.png

You might start calling around to animal control, humane society, ask your neighbors, check in the lost pets section of your local craigslist, and see if you can track them down...

Back
Top Bottom