Stray turkey...what breed is this?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Ardizzone7, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ardizzone7

Ardizzone7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Redkey, IN
    I had a female turkey walk into my yard yesterday. She seemed to like the place and has decided to stay. She even goes in the coop with our turkeys and chickens at night. At first I thought she was a wild turkey but her feather coloring isn't right. Also she is at too friendly to be wild. Anyone know what she is? Maybe a wild crossed with a domestic? Her bone structure is much smaller than my self blue turkey hens. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Definitely not a wild turkey and may actually have some slate in her background. Looks like a Mottled Black to me.

3. Ardizzone7

Jul 5, 2011
    Redkey, IN
    Thank you. She has definitely been on her own for a long time. She seems to be very happy here. Last night she roosted next to our tom so I know she has been accepted.

4. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    She does look like a mottled. Glad she found a home. Poor girl..Wonder where she came from....

I noticed you had "Tiger Bronze"...any chance you can post some pictures for me to drool over?? [​IMG]

5. Ardizzone7

Jul 5, 2011
    Redkey, IN
    Unfortunately no. We only have the self blues now. I need to change my description :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by