Streetlight Interference

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bantamamba, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bantamamba

bantamamba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    It happens to me a lot, ever since I was a child -- I'll be driving or walking down a street, and some street lights will pop off the instant I near their vicinity. It is constant enough that at least three will go off every night I am out, either scattered about or in one area. Sounds silly, I know...but sometimes it feels just a little bit more profound. My father had a weird ability with electricity...he could stare at things and the bulb or whatever would short out. Broke my brand new handheld microscope that way...he was just holding it for me, began fiddling around with it, was just staring at it for a second and POP. Brand new light is broken. The same thing happened with two new lamps.

Could be coincidence. Could be weird electrical field stuff. Could be...who knows. There's been some stuff written about it.

Does this occur to anyone else? [​IMG]

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I noticed that happened to me ALOT when I was younger.. If i was upset about something then even more so ... Me all have electricity surrounding us and i think that sometimes our aura is strong enough to intefere with things around us ... I still to this day cannot wear a watch , if i do it is dead or broken within hours... Now the real test is, "Can you make the lights go out on purpose?

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Contact the news station...
    You'll be RICH overnight!! [​IMG]

4. bantamamba

Jan 17, 2010
    Quote:The watch thing actually happens to my mother!

I agree, we are all electric, as it were. It's bound to interfere with devices at least occasionally.

I've been trying to make things go out on purpose for a while...but it only seems to happen if I casually glance at a streetlight without thinking.

Not exactly an exciting super power...I'd much rather be able to fly or shoot watermelons out of my knees. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:The watch thing actually happens to my mother!

I agree, we are all electric, as it were. It's bound to interfere with devices at least occasionally.

I've been trying to make things go out on purpose for a while...but it only seems to happen if I casually glance at a streetlight without thinking.

Not exactly an exciting super power...I'd much rather be able to fly or shoot watermelons out of my knees. [​IMG]

OMG .. You have me rolling [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    They go off when you aren't there too
    You just don't SEE those

7. bantamamba

Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Interesting article on Wikipedia. Nothing on Snopes.com, under my search parameters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by