Stress or the bird?

that_crazy_lady

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 13, 2008
Salina, OK
last sunday I got a hen from a friend of mine, when I get the chance I'll get one or two more. in four days I got 3 eggs. not that odd, but she layed the first day, but not the next. then she layed on in the night. today about miday.

I'm not really botherd just wondering if it sounds more like stress or just a hen that does her oun thing.
there are 9 chicks in a small pen in her coop so she is not alone. but we did have to use a fish net to get her out of a tree after dark.

I don't know what breed she is. she if full size, brown/tan with tuffs around her face.

and what is the age that hens start to lay?

How old is she? It's great that she's laying after being relocated. If she was stressed, she wouldn't be laying at all.

And I'm guessing with tuffs around her face, she's most likely and Easter Egger.

How old is she?

My b.o. (rip) layed just like that. I got an egg like every day and a half.
wink.png
I've wondered if it was because she was pullet and just hadn't hit her stride yet.

oh yah I forgot that part. I don't have a clue??? she was full grown when they got her, and that was one to three years ago. I was thinking she would not lay for the first few days.

is easter egg a true breed? all the eggs are a nice mid brown.

she does let me pet her at times, very soft
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom