Stressed mumma duck?!

So both geese are females? My geese are obsessed with babies. My gander who i just lost in Feb at age 14 was the best pappa goose ever with ducklings. My Muscovy mama hated when I moved her into a large space after her ducklings hatched. But they hatched on top of the poop board so I didn't have a choice. She did settle down after I opened the area up so they had the run of the whole coop after everyone went out for the day.
Can mama come out at all where she is with her ducklings? I'd just watch her through today and hopefully she'll settle down.
Sorry about the mink attack:hugs
Also yes, the mink attack was horrible!! BUT we did shoot the mink in the head later that day which made me feel a lot better… (not usually one for killing things but this situation was different..)

Thank you, there is an odd thing actually that I’m not sure is normal or not… so I had 2 drakes and 2 female geese. The drakes decided that the female geese were going to be their mates and tried to hump them frequently 🤣 so in a strange way maybe they are pining for their lost partners…..
My son has had a feral rooster turn up in his garden and stay. The pekins are clearly frightened of him, but the muscovy was not and often hangs out with him during the day. He does his sideways shuffle, and she perks up her tail and flattens her back and the rooster mounts her. He does this every morning and she doesn't object . I have separated him from her when I am there [because I don't like it] but its a waste of my time as they continue. Today, I noticed that the neck of one of the two pekin females now looks like she too is being mounted by the rooster. I am just supposing that we must not be judgmental about sexual habits.

Back
Top Bottom