String in feces

Carolrich

Songster
Sep 26, 2016
Kentucky
Hello, my 20 month old Australorp hen has a pale string in her 2 most recent poops. I posted two pictures. She is otherwise eating, drinking and alert. The string is the consistency of a partially cooked thin spaghetti strand. Is this something she ate or is a worm of some sort?
IMG_0484.JPG
IMG_0485.JPG

Worm them all I mean :) Safegaurd goat wormer is what most people use I think @Trevorusn can you help? You had worms a while back right?
I did indeed, and Safeguard did the trick. If I remember, it is about .23/lb for proper dosage, repeated a 2nd time 10 days after the first dose. It's not terribly difficult to do in the evening, and cleared up the roundworms, but make sure you do not underdose for each round for total effectiveness. I did a 14 day egg withdrawl too just to be safe.

Hello, my 20 month old Australorp hen has a pale string in her 2 most recent poops. I posted two pictures. She is otherwise eating, drinking and alert. The string is the consistency of a partially cooked thin spaghetti strand. Is this something she ate or is a worm of some sort?View attachment 2034693View attachment 2034694
Thank you. I have goat wormer and will treat them all.

Back
Top Bottom