Striped chick identification

Could this other chick also be a silver laced wyandotte?
And, any more thoughts on what our "skunk" could be?

Attachments

• skunk.png
    skunk.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • wyandotte 2?.png
    wyandotte 2?.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
"Skunk" is growing a mohawk! she's also significant smaller than her same-aged sisters like the Silver Laced and other black chicks. Any more thoughts on what breed she might be?

Attachments

• skunk mohawk.png
    skunk mohawk.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

The dark one? Yes, it could be, although it's still hard to tell at that age.
Some laced Wyandottes have a lot more black than others, both in the chick down and in the feathers.

Check the comb--Wyandottes are supposed to have a rose comb, although sometimes one appears with a single comb; any other comb type is not a Wyandotte. (Single comb Wyandottes are "wrong" if you're taking them to a show or something like that, but perfectly fine for backyard layers.)

I believe OP was enquiring about the first chick - they are aware the second is a Wyandotte.

And, any more thoughts on what our "skunk" could be?

Questions about two chicks, photos of two chicks. I assumed "skunk" was the striped one (like a chipmunk), which would leave the other as the possible-Wyandotte.

I tried to be clear which one I was giving an opinion on ("the dark one") in case I was mis-reading it.

Questions about two chicks, photos of two chicks. I assumed "skunk" was the striped one (like a chipmunk), which would leave the other as the possible-Wyandotte.

I tried to be clear which one I was giving an opinion on ("the dark one") in case I was mis-reading it.
Do you have any thoughts on the other?
Would you agree with CCLB?

Back
Top Bottom