Stripped?!? What breed?

MrsSchneid82

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2020
This two littles will be a week on Friday the 8th of January. Does anyone know what breed it could be and if pullet or cockerel? I have a 4 other chicks I don’t know what they are either. Helping our farm hand with chicken hatching over the winter. Thank your for any help you all can provide!!!💗

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 7
They are too young to sex. They are a crossbred of Fluffy x Adorable. In all seriousness we won't really be able to tell breed or cross until they feather out. Update us in a few weeks!
Ok thank you!!!!! Yes the farm chickens run free range! I thought they would be cross bred but wanted to ask anyways. All six look different lol. I’m just thrilled they hatched! My favorite one Prince Pearl, got frostbite in the incubator when I took out three that had already hatched way before it was done with its yolk. It’s doing great after a home made electrolyte water mix. Thank you all!!

Too early to tell gender. Wing feather sexing only works with certain crosses. Are these chicks you hatched from your own chickens? What are the possible parents? I think it’s too early to tell breed unless you bought them from a hatchery. They are a little cuties!😊
I have no idea what the parents are. Our family farm (I don’t live on and Jug our manager didn’t know when I asked) has all kinds of chickens and guinea hens and peacocks. I hatched them at home.

Yeah. Chick breeds are determined by comb type, leg colour, feather colour and pattern, feathered feet (or not), shape, and crests (or not). However, it’s still hard at a younger age determining the exact breed especially with mixed as an option. :)

This two littles will be a week on Friday the 8th of January. Does anyone know what breed it could be and if pullet or cockerel? I have a 4 other chicks I don’t know what they are either. Helping our farm hand with chicken hatching over the winter. Thank your for any help you all can provide!!!💗
The black is a girl and the buff one is a boy.

Back
Top Bottom