Struggling to identify these

pitterpat4353

Chirping
May 26, 2016
Can you help me identify these chicks. They are 3 weeks old. I thought maybe cream legbar... but now really not sure.

pitterpat4353

Chirping
May 26, 2016
Hmm, it's a little too early to tell yet, where did you get them?
I got them shipped from Meyer Hatchery. I did assortment picks and have been able to identify the 8 other breeds, but not these 3. I know I have a lavender orpington, buff orpington, silver laced wyandotte, white sultan, silver spangled spritz, 3 black australorp, 2 Easter Eggers, 3 barred rocks or maybe Dominiques.

pitterpat4353

Chirping
May 26, 2016
Well, 4 weeks later and I have an update. The first one I believe is a cream legbar...and probably a rooster. The second looks like it is a Rhode Island Red (in the picture below together) and the third lady is becoming the most beautiful speckled Sussex...I think (second picture)

Attachments

Nov 28, 2017
UK
Well, 4 weeks later and I have an update. The first one I believe is a cream legbar...and probably a rooster. The second looks like it is a Rhode Island Red (in the picture below together) and the third lady is becoming the most beautiful speckled Sussex...I think (second picture)
I believe you’re right on all of them!

Frazzemrat1

Free Ranging
May 8, 2017
Eastern Connecticut
Regardless of him being a cream legbar or not, he's a cockerel. No pullet should have such a big comb and wattles at that age, as you can see compared to your other pullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom