Stuck in a Blizzard

88C1A629-0161-47CB-9FFA-74738DE14002.jpeg

Attachments

• AE2E86C6-BB11-4905-9D25-DE8603904D4D.jpeg
    AE2E86C6-BB11-4905-9D25-DE8603904D4D.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 5
If you have some straw or alfalfa or a bale of dry shavings it might help to add some dry bedding to the coop if you have the opportunity. I started keeping bales of chopped straw and chopped alfalfa around for wet days. When it snows we shovel the runs and then put down some of each and the birds have a dry place to stand and eat/drink, and they love scratching through the straw and alfalfa (or any hay really).

We got right around a foot of really heavy, wet snow down here, I'm just south of Pueblo, seemed like it would never stop, then it finally did. Not that it won't come back. We were out a few times shoveling, first to get the runs done, then the cars, then the last time to get the hose uncovered so the sun can warm it tomorrow.

If you have some straw or alfalfa or a bale of dry shavings it might help to add some dry bedding to the coop if you have the opportunity. I started keeping bales of chopped straw and chopped alfalfa around for wet days. When it snows we shovel the runs and then put down some of each and the birds have a dry place to stand and eat/drink, and they love scratching through the straw and alfalfa (or any hay really).

We got right around a foot of really heavy, wet snow down here, I'm just south of Pueblo, seemed like it would never stop, then it finally did. Not that it won't come back. We were out a few times shoveling, first to get the runs done, then the cars, then the last time to get the hose uncovered so the sun can warm it tomorrow.
thanks for the tips! It just seems like there’s no point shoveling anything just yet since it’s so windy and still snowing it all just piles up again.

After fighting with the snow drifts last night falling face first into 3' and not being able to get up, I had the brilliant idea of breaking out the snow shoes to go feed this morning. Snow shoes around horses are fill of problems. Only had them stepped on once and of course fell. Thankfully feet weren't flying or I could of ended up as roadkill. Didn't even go down to check on the chickens and geese. Not like they can or want to get out. I had a drift over the cattle panel fence between the 2 pens last night. It's probably over the 6' outer fence.

After fighting with the snow drifts last night falling face first into 3' and not being able to get up, I had the brilliant idea of breaking out the snow shoes to go feed this morning. Snow shoes around horses are fill of problems. Only had them stepped on once and of course fell. Thankfully feet weren't flying or I could of ended up as roadkill. Didn't even go down to check on the chickens and geese. Not like they can or want to get out. I had a drift over the cattle panel fence between the 2 pens last night. It's probably over the 6' outer fence.
Oh my goodness that sounds rough! We tried to take the plow out this morning and it wouldn’t even go five feet into the snow. It’s too wet and heavy ..we are truly snowed in haha

Back
Top Bottom