Stuck in a job I hate .... want to do chickens full time ... reality sucks..

A job is a contract for services between an employer and an employee. Either party can end it. See a job as a privilege and you lay yourself open to exploitation.

A job is a contract for services between an employer and an employee. Either party can end it. See a job as a privilege and you lay yourself open to exploitation.
This is absolute truth, but there is a converse. See your job as a right and you lay yourself open to termination.

Tricia, set a game plan for yourself. Include a timetable and understand that your present job enables you to work towards this end result. It can help make the present situation more bearable and the future hope more feasable. Good luck - been there done that.

Last edited:
This is absolute truth, but there is a converse. See your job as a right and you lay yourself open to termination.

Tricia, set a game plan for yourself. Include a timetable and understand that your present job enables you to work towards this end result. It can help make the present situation more bearable and the future hope more feasable. Good luck - been there done that.

I agree that a job is not a right. As I said, it's subject to a contract that can be ended. Whilst we should prepare, financially at least, for the future to whatever extent we are able, sacrificing the present for an uncertain future is folly.

Mine is.
old.gif

So you have a certain future ? I don't think any ones future is certain.

HD, try reading again, slowly perhaps, what I wrote. My whole point is that the future is uncertain for each of us. Do your best to prepare for one but don't sacrifice the present for what may never come. My own future is certain to the extent that I shall never need to work again, but that's all.

The future is only as good as your next breath. Folly is thinking you are in control. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, investments are not guarantees and retirement is not what it seems.

Contracts always have a way out for either party and a good employer will recognize a good servant.

OP do a job that you enjoy if possible, count your blessings not your woes. Doors will open and doors will close in life, be prepared for that and be content in whatever you do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom