Stuck in the chicken coop - literally!

I know there was no way I was alone on this one! I had even thought ahead by attaching that washer to the string to the latch - but didn't think about the knot coming on done. Should have consulted a boyscout! There literally was no way out other than busting the door out or waiting for someone to rescue me. The absurdity of the situation definitely helped keep the cold at bay, but eventually, it was not going to be funny! I do like the idea of switching to a different latch - good idea. Funny thing is the door normally doesn't close enough to latch on its own without a little push. Just got lucky, or I guess unlucky that day! Funny, I always refer to the coop as "Super Max" because we have that thing so locked down in order to prevent predators - never thought of myself as being imprisoned!!!

Yeah, well, now you know how your chickens feel!

big_smile.png

Glad ya had fun. I've done that too. I'm lucky I have long fingers and can reach through the 1x2 wire to undo the latch, though.

Thanks, great story! We have all been there and never go to the coop without the cell phone, you just never know!

Hook and Eye at the bottom, sliding, all of 1/4", pole through eyes, and a (thing footlocker) later with carabiner at the top...

Undo the biner, undo the hook, then pull the pole through all but the top eye and slide it down into the eye of the bottom hook... THEN enter... and use the inner hook and eye to close the door behind me.

The family thinks I'm a wee bit paranoid... but THEY aren't the ones who read these stories...

Back
Top Bottom