Stud Goat Help

animalgirl12

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 27, 2012
I am thinking about using my pygmy goat buck as a stud. He is not pedigree or registered but every nanny he has been with has had multiples and he is really good looking so I was wondering how much I could charge and if I charge for every nanny? The nanny I have is already bred and I want to put him to work
tongue.png
. I live in the USA.

I am thinking about using my pygmy goat buck as a stud. He is not pedigree or registered but every nanny he has been with has had multiples and he is really good looking so I was wondering how much I could charge and if I charge for every nanny? The nanny I have is already bred and I want to put him to work
tongue.png
. I live in the USA.

He doesn't determine the multiples. The doe does. It is all based on how many eggs she releases to be fertilized. It means he is obviously fertile, at least.

What you can charge depends on your area. The U.S. is a big place, prices fluctuate hugely from one local to the next. Have you gotten him disease tested for CAE, CL, and Johne's disease? Unless he is certified clean, a lot of people wouldn't want him near their does. Also, what sells in your area? Here, you can barely give away a pygmy or pygmy mix, let alone hope to sell them. But some people like to create or maintain Kinder goats, a cross between a Nubian and a Pygmy. So if you are in an area where Kinders are popular, then you'd get more interested parties. Without any pedigree history OR registration, people might not be as savvy to use him, though.

What I am getting at, is that it really depends on a lot of factors in your area.

Back
Top Bottom