Study done by Mississippi State

There are statements in there that I don't agree with 100%, but it's a good fluff piece for raising quail. Mostly theory, short on facts...IMHO

This I can wrap my head around and is my favorite quote "Always remember that quail are living beings, that you have stressed them by taking them
out of their natural environment, that you have crowded them into close quarters, and that
in so doing they are 100 percent dependent on you, the producer, and that you alone make
the business a success or failure." .

I didn't read the whole thing, but just to put the breaks on for a moment. A grand scheme to raise quail, release them onto the world, and expect them to thrive, and create breeding colonies, that can be classically hunted is folly. States spend way to much money buying "Fish in a barrel" I'm not dogging the "Canned Hunt" folks, but since you have the bird in your hand....Just pull it's head off and save the shotgun shell...Just MHO.

Quote:
Couldnt agree more with this statement.

I thought I would be beaten up on this point, but it's good to know that people watch their DNR toss trout in the rivers and streams that can not support them. They do the same with game birds sometimes. Since it's my tax money, then they should just hand me birds, and I will love them and pet them and heaven forbid.....raise them and sell them back to the government at a profit, so they can dump them out for people to just walk around and pick them up, or expend a shotgun shell to secure.

Sorry, this is my rant.

Back
Top Bottom