Study indicates that chickens prefer beautiful humans.

Spangled

Songster
8 Years
Jan 12, 2012
Serenity Valley
Here's the link to the study: http://bitly.com/z1wg0P

So. Chickens can discern beauty. Implications? Should I put up murals on the inside of the nestbox curtains so that the hens have something lovely to stare at while laying? I guess I feel a little guilty for not giving their house a fresh coat up paint this summer.

I'm also a little perturbed that I have never spiffed up for them before going out to see them. I always put on my rattiest coat and boots and gloves and seldom run a comb through my hair.

I just never thought of my chickens having any knowledge or preferences about beauty before.

Here's the link to the study: http://bitly.com/z1wg0P

So. Chickens can discern beauty. Implications? Should I put up murals on the inside of the nestbox curtains so that the hens have something lovely to stare at while laying? I guess I feel a little guilty for not giving their house a fresh coat up paint this summer.

I'm also a little perturbed that I have never spiffed up for them before going out to see them. I always put on my rattiest coat and boots and gloves and seldom run a comb through my hair.

I just never thought of my chickens having any knowledge or preferences about beauty before.
Nothing is more beautiful to chickens than food. Bring treats and they will think you are beautiful.

Nothing is more beautiful to chickens than food. Bring treats and they will think you are beautiful.

lau.gif
gig.gif
You're right!

Actually now that you've mentioned it... They have been giving me the cold shoulder since I got my hair cut. A possibly a hint that I need a new hairdresser?? :lol:

Actually now that you've mentioned it... They have been giving me the cold shoulder since I got my hair cut. A possibly a hint that I need a new hairdresser??
lol.png

Very funny. No, really, I did actually LOL.

But then I thought about it and maybe they aren't quite sure it's still you and are a little bit afraid as chickens sometimes can be. Wouldn't that be a trip if they noticed hair cuts and things like that? I bet they do. Or at least some of them probably do.

I've noticed when I first come out in hats or hoods in the fall, the birds seem very uncertain about who I am. They seem to particularly dislike my faux fur hats. I think they're quite fetching.
wink.png

Last edited:
Very funny.  No, really, I did actually LOL.

But then I thought about it and maybe they aren't quite sure it's still you and are a little bit afraid as chickens sometimes can be.  Wouldn't that be a trip if they noticed hair cuts and things like that?  I bet they do.  Or at least some of them probably do.

Next time I have trouble picking out an outfit I know who to ask!! So Betsy what do you think.. "one cluck for the blue pumps and two for the peep toes". " I see a meal worm in your future... " :lol::lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom