Stuffed Yellow Squash

MelodyHightower

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 15, 2010
East Texas
This recipe was too good not to share!! And it's that time of year for squash here in Texas. I was tired of eating squash the same old way...either fried or cooked in butter so I searched for a stuff squash recipe and tweaked it up a little.

-Six yellow squash, medium to small size
-1 package cream cheese, softened
-Butter crackers (Like Ritz or Townhouse), crushed
-2 Boiled Eggs, mashed
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-Salt and Pepper to taste (I use a little Tony Chaceres also)
-butter

Boil the squash whole until tender. Take the squash out of the water and allow to cool. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the middle part into a bowl, and set the skins on a flat baking pan.

Mix together scooped squash, cream cheese, crushed crackers, boiled eggs, onion, salt and pepper and any other seasonings you'd like to use. Stir and add crackers until you get a stuffing-like texture. Spoon the mixture back into the squash shells. Put crushed crackers on top of the stuffed squash and drizzle with butter. (I like to also sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on the top when I have it available)

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Very yummy and a nice unique flavor!! Enjoy!!

Sounds good. I just fried up a bunch this evening for dinner. I love squash and have always eaten it fried or grilled. I will try this recipe out next. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the recipe/idea! Last night I made Stuffed Zucchini, which we really enjoy. I'm sure we'll like your Stuffed Squash too. Cream cheese makes everything better!
big_smile.png
We'll give it a try.

If you want some additional ideas for squash, I have some other favorite squash recipes posted on our farm website in this section:

http://www.millriverfarm.com/recipes.cfm?catname=Vegetables

heres another one for ya

i had 7 sm to med yellow squash and one super sized zucchini(that grew in hiding) i peeled took away seeds and chopped up into bite sized pieces

2 onions and 1 and a half whole heads of garlic diced

saute onions and garlic with olive oilve oil and about 3 tbsp butter till golden browned then throw in squash mix and cook down till very tender....yummy as a side dish

Omigosh that sounds so good! I'm gonna print out as many squash recipes that I can lol....we have TONS of it in the garden.....and then friends and neighbors sneaking squash into our cars and on our porch!! I can't get away from it! So I might as well cook and eat it until I turn as yellow as the squash
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom