Stumbling Cockerel--What could be wrong besides Marek's?

Very glad to hear his tendons look okay & he seems to be improving. And I'm glad you were able to spot the lice!

I think it's generally a good idea to deworm chickens periodically if they have access to the out-of-doors. Safeguard goat dewormer (fenbendazole) is a very broad-spectrum, effective & inexpensive dewormer I like to use for cats & chickens.

I don't know if there are any contraindications for combining certain dewormers with Frontline treatment. I would hope not since Frontline is distributed via the oil gland system while dewormers go through the digestive system & possibly the bloodstream.
Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook does not list any for fenbendazole (Safeguard or Panacur).
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Last edited:
A regular small vet can find "chicken worms" they are the same worms in almost any animal. I would definitely have a fecal test done before worming any animal, especially a sick or injured one.
Always a good idea to have a fecal test done, but unless mine look like they're about to die, they get wormed, period. Wormers like Safeguard are often used in sick kittens and puppies to treat giardia... It's much safer than people think.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom