Stumbling Duck

morrowmoriah

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2016
Georgia
Hey guys!
My welsh harlequin duck of about 4 yrs old is stumbling. Using her wings to help her walk and seems weak. She has always been one of the strongest out of my flock and this happened out of the blue. It seems worse when she rests and then tries to get up. Once she moves around for a while she is better. She also shakes her head when she eats while the others don't. They do not have worms. I put her in their pond and her legs paddled her along fine. Please help! Thanks for your time in advance ❤️

Any standing water she could have gotten onto? Sounds like it *could be* botulism... how do you know they don't have worms, did you have a fecal float done? Any other symptoms? Anyone else looking off? What is their feed? Any injuries?

Any standing water she could have gotten onto? Sounds like it *could be* botulism... how do you know they don't have worms, did you have a fecal float done? Any other symptoms? Anyone else looking off? What is their feed? Any injuries?

Yes she could have gotten into water that was standing for about a week. All other ducks are completely fine, they share the same pen as well. They've been on the same feed their whole "teenage" life, it is the Organic Egg Layer Pellets.

Yes she could have gotten into water that was standing for about a week. All other ducks are completely fine, they share the same pen as well. They've been on the same feed their whole "teenage" life, it is the Organic Egg Layer Pellets.

I would try a charcoal slurry flush first, see if that flushes out toxins and watch for improvement...

@Miss Lydia can you post the toxin flush link, please?

Back
Top Bottom