stupid chihuahua *Update!!! on page 2*

we talked to lady (who is completely ignorant). she said her big dog jumps the fence and her little one just squeezes thru the gate, and she said it like "who cares?". so basically she isnt going to do anything about trying to keep her dogs better contained. i told her that it is against state law, and county code for her dogs to even be out of her fence, much less in my yard chasing the chickens, and she can guaran-darn-tee i will be back with a sheriff the next time her dog is in my yard, if i am even that nice, because them in my yard makes it legal for me to shoot them. i hope she got my point for her dogs sake.

Well you did talk to her so the ball is in her court. I would only SSS as a last resort. If it happens again is there any way you could keep the dogs in your yard without them bothering the birds and call animal control? They can talk to the owners and sometimes people respond better to that, also to get the dogs back sometimes you have to pay a fine. Since you have talked to her I think any blame for SSS would automatically fall to you and you could have a lawsuit on your hands no matter what the law says.

Anytime the dogs come on your property catch them up and take them to the local animal shelter. If they get bailed out and come back into your yard, catch them up and take them down there again. Eventually the owners will get tired of paying to get their dogs back. Either they will make sure the dogs stay in the yard, or they will stop getting them back from the shelter. Either way, you win and no one gets shot.

haha, animal shelter. thats funny. i live in a town of 400. no animal shelter to take them to. she knows that my hubby is the game warden, and all the sheriffs will be on our side, so i think we may have solved the problem.

My chihauua loves the chickens, but also loves the darn chicken feed. I feed her hills science diet, but latley prefers the game bird blend. Everyday I have to run her out of the pen. She tries to get the chickens to play, its so cute.

Ummm, I had a real problem with the neighbors big tom cat about a month ago. I witnessed him several times stalking my free range bantams, and he came too close to catching one a few times, so I called the neighbor and told her what would happen if she didn't keep him off my property. Well, he caught a hen one morning and tried to tote it off under the feed shed but I stopped him. He didn't kill it, but he would have if I hadn't been around to stop him. I called the Sheriff and he told me to talk to the neighbor and I told him I had and she said she couldn't do anything so he told me I had the right to protect my property if he tried to attack again. Next morning, hubby was home and again, the cat attempted another attack right in front of him so he took him out. We both hated for it to come to that, but sometimes you just have to do it.

I did call the neighbor to tell her what had happened, and while she wasn't happy about it, she really had no choice in the matter, especially after our previous warnings.

We have dogs and cats too, but we don't let them run loose causing problems for others.

our very next door neighbor has cats they consider pets that are not fixed and do not wear collars. they stalk our chickens, and everytime we see one we shoot it with the pellet gun. hasnt killed one yet, but they know we are shooting their cats and dont care. we have also trapped 12 feral cats. my dh takes them out to the country and shoots them. i think we have caught one of their many cats. just shows how much they DONT care about "their" animals.

funny thing happened yesterday. or at least i find it humorous. yesterday as dh was driving home a sheriff he went to police academy with was outside the ladies home who owns the chihuahua. so dh pulls up behind him and got out to see what was going on. apparently someone shot the chihuahua and it made it home before it died and she thought it was us. my husband told her he would have given her the "courtesy" of writing her a ticket before he shot her dog. sheriff knows we didnt shoot the dog. so little dumb dog is out of the picture. but now i have a feeling i need to go buy a padlock for my goats and chickens.

The problem is the dog owner (as usual) not the dog.
I live in the country and the reality is- loose dogs get shot.
It is too bad that the "friendly warning" we give is ignored-
This is how I approach my neighbors-
"Your dog is running loose and bothering my ----fill-in-the blank: cats, chickens, etc-
I would HATE to see him get shot- did you know their is a neighbor who shoots loose dogs out here?"

But of course they always think it is us since we warned them.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom