stupid chihuahua *Update!!! on page 2*

sdshoars

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Texas
this morning i heard the girls bwaking real loud, so i stepped outside to see a stupid little chihuahua chasing them. he lives down the road a ways, and it was only him this morning, but he usually has a big mastiff cross with him, which could certainly do damage to my chickens. i am debating on whether i should just sss him next time he comes around, or go tell the person to keep the dogs in their yard (which probably wont help, they let them out every day, and then they would know it was us who sss.) what would you do?

Last edited:
It is not my chihuahua-but I would want to know if it were me.Little 4 and 5 pound dogs are hard to keep in the fence,but mine stat in the house nearly all the time
wink.png

well i am not worried about the chihuahua, i am worried about the big dog that hangs out with him. they are both owned by the same person. i just found the NV law that states "it is unlawful for any person to permit a dog to chase, worry, injure or kill cattle, sheep, or other domestic animals on the open range or on private property". i printed it out, should i take it to them and tell them to keep them in the house or i will call the cops, i really dont want to piss anyone off, as we live in a small town, but i dont want dead chickens either!!!

Our neighbor's chihuahua is ALWAYS coming into our yard to bark at us and chase our Australian Shepherd. The problem is that a lot of owners of small dogs don't really bother to train them because they think that they're so small they can't possibly do any damage. The fact is that more people are bitten by small dogs than large ones. I would tell your neighbors once that their dog is harassing your chickens, and if they don't do anything about it, you do what you need to do. In Oregon, it's legal to shoot a dog if you catch them chasing livestock.

well my pug just killed 3 of my turkeys so a chihuaha can problely kill a chicken. I didnt shoot the pug but gave him away the next next day. no poultry killers here. Im sure he is damaged goods now that he got a taste of blood thats why I gave him away.

well i just called our sheriffs dept. and they said go talk to them about it first, and if they cant fix the problem, then i can sign a citation because the people dont know how to keep their dogs in. so we will see how that goes. the sheriff said the people are real nice, so i dont have to worry about getting shot, lol. i am gonna make hubby go with me tho. i am a scaredy cat.

I have the same problem with a chihauua that lives down the road. I can see where he tries to dig under my fence to get to my chicks and sometimes he comes with a bigger dog. My neighbor shot the bigger dog with a pellet gun to scare them but the chihuahua came back the next day solo. I need to talk to the neighbors because I am tired of dogs coming into my yard and getting by birds. Did you read my posting about a hawk landing in my yard this mrning. Very scary!

Back
Top Bottom