Stupid Coon....Tramatized Babies

KBChicks

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2010
PA
Well....the only good thing about this post is my duck house and run held up against a monster coon.
celebrate.gif

For several nights in a row now coonzilla and his little minions have been terrorizing my 5 weeks old Mallards. We've only spotted them a couple times...mostly it's been their tracks and prints all around the duck house.

When I go out in the morning to feed and water the babies they're huddled in the corner and refuse to move for hours...they normally come running when they see me...peeping and quacking up a storm.

I'm thankful they're safe but feel terrible about them being scared.

Quote:
Well I used electric fence and Spy cameras so in a sense I know you are right I have tapes of a sow (female) coon trying to get in after about 3 zaps she wanders off looking for easier meals. But it is on her shopping list so to speak and she returns often and cleans the feed bowls outside if it wasn't finished by the ducks befire lockdown.

Electric fence was a good idea and so were the spy cameras. I have a spotlight that I set up that is motion detected so when I see the light come on from my house I know to take a ride up there and see what is going on, then I hope its not the local mountain lion. I use box trapes to capture the coons in my area then I use my twenty two magnum..........

Yes, Sadly, the coons have got to go. Just caught & dispatched 3 coons in 4 days last week.
sad.png
They had started coming out of the woods up into our duck yard BEFORE dark and right before I put the ducks away. Silly Scovy adults thought that they should pack together and "face off" with the last coon.
th.gif
I caught sight of the situation with the coon about 10-15' fm my girls, BARKED at the coon to scare her off, & set the trap.

Back
Top Bottom