stupid neighbor

Quote:
ALL THE MORE REASON TO CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES!! When good people stand by and do nothing they will become more and more brazen. If you let them intimidate you into doing nothing then shut up and don't complain because THEN its YOUR fault!!
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

THEY don't understand???!!! TIme teach them!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK let me make the whole situation clear for those who want me to make a beef over a piece of white meat. two of the children (their around 22 and drunk ,which is why my coop was so badly damaged) of their family were stupid and stole the two roosters they told their family that they were given the roosters then they ate one and kept the other as a pet 9 days later i come along and heard my rooster crowing so i went towards the sound to see what was going on soon after my Little bro called the cop and they told the boys to return the chicken to us so they did. then the elder of their family came up to us and told us that his grandkids are a bunch of drunks and will be punished .i don't care about them at this point i have my favorite roo back and i put a blind eye to this well cause they were going through their own problems. also the police didn't ask if i wished to press charges but i will be putting up security cameras and soon i'm getting a rottweiler, pit-bull, and a germen shepherd all as pups for added defensive precautions later on.

so basically sending them to jail is not going to bring back my rooster and i am not one to want revenge

lastly if you think i was complaining Miltonchix you are sadly mistaken i was simply looking for advice from the community at large

Wow, I hope things improve around there. Maybe the grandfather will smarten them up? It's worth hoping for, in the mean time "Beefing up the security is probley a good idea! Sorry to hear you have to deal with this b.s. Couldn't imagine having to lock the chicken coop cause of human preditors. gl

edited to say, alot of people have done stupid things "drunk" and plan to never do that again... And never do it again. So it's possible, their young, they can't hold the booze. They should learn. I

Last edited:
22 years old == are NOT kids. Not that I don't agree with your decision (having lived in MO). Those "children" just AREN'T kids, hopefully grandfather will make sure they can "grow up" in this country without getting a cap up their butts.
Slinky

Those 22 year olds need to rebuild your coop and replace the value of the bird they stole and ate. Plus they own some punitive damages--hard work would probably do them more good than $$. Maybe clean out your chicken coop once a week for 6 months? (Better choice than daily for a month, although the number of times spent cleaning is pretty close to the same, but a longer term punishment will mean more).

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm after what dan has now said about it all i think you handled it realy well, me thinks grandfather will have more pull than the police anyway,

Sounds like you've got it handled.

Around here, most of those dog breeds would mean a spike in homeowner insurance rates because they're considered "dangerous," so might want to check on that if it will make a difference to you.

Also make sure that they can't steal the puppies, too.

Good luck.

I am sorry your had your roos stolen. I am glad to hear you were able to get back your favorite
big_smile.png

If it were me, I would increase chicken security to make another theft more unlikely. You seem happy with how things turned out between you and your neighbor, so it is not up to me to tell you whether you are right or wrong. It is your life, and your chickens; you need to do as YOU feel fit. Again, I am sorry for your loss though...
hmm.png

Quote:
I recommend a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Good with the birds and WILL NOT let someone, who does not live there, any where near! Big bark, large dog 95+lbs, and good with your own kids! THey are breed to retrieve and Protect! Though my in-laws love the dog, and he loves them, he will not let them out of the car without our permission. This was not trained into this dog, it is his instinct. ANd did I mention how great he is with kids! No worries about praydrive instincts causing them go after the birds or bite small children!

Back
Top Bottom